As always Castlefest has received a permit so visitors are allowed to walk with bladed weapons (sword, axe, spear, etc.)
However some rules apply:
– The bladed weapons need to be blunted without exception so as not to pose a danger to others, and can only be worn inside the confines of the festival. The path between the camping and the festival falls within the confines of the festival.
– The bladed weapons need to be covered, e.g. by keeping it sheathed. Spears, lances and halberds should be carried upright/ pointy side up
– Outside of the confines of the festival bladed weapons need to be decently packed for transportation.
– The bladed weapons may only be carried by adults ( +18) and may not be handed to persons below the age of 18.
– Unblunted weapons are prohibited within the confines of the festival. Should our supervising team find such a weapon it will be confiscated until the owner leaves the festival (when decently packed for transportation).
– The sale of bladed weapons to persons below the age of 18 is strictly prohibited.
– The sale of sharp weapons not sufficiently packed is prohibited.
– Carrying objects that resemble actual weapons and could be seen as a threat are prohibited. These will be seized and, in agreement with the public prosecutor, destroyed.
– If parties do not wish to hand over sharp weapons, or with severe violation the police will take action.
– Castlefest reserves the right to seize weapons. Seized weapons will be handed to the authorities.
– Within the confines of the festival and the camping the rules of WWM (Wet Wapens and Munitie) apply.